Monday, February 22, 2010

February 23 is international Spay day !

This time my blog entry is not about jewellery at all, 
it is however about something I consider important for all of us living creatures.

 
Meet my beloved French Bulldog "Bokes".
We love her very much and she is most certainly the most spoiled dog in the world. The reason is: She deserves it!

Never the less, these are the facts:
Although there are an estimated 100 million cats and dogs kept by responsible and caring people in the United States, there is also a tragic number of these companion animals who suffer horrid cruelties associated with abandonment.

Animal shelters in the U.S. kill about 5.1 million such abandoned pets each year. And uncounted millions more suffer sickness, exposure, starvation and death on the streets of the nation’s cities and towns, and in the fields and forests of the countryside.

In the little town where I live (Port de Soller in Mallorca/Spain), several people care about abandoned pets that live on the streets. These poor animals are the lucky ones. They get food in several places they very well know in the mean time, but more important, most of them were brought to the local vet to be spayed/neutered.
This will prevent the population to grow uncontrolled.

I am sure that anyone who read this post to this point is someone who cares. So with all my heart I thank you for that care, and I would like to encourage you to contribute in any way you can to improve the live of the abandoned creatures that live in your neighbourhood and if possible have them spayed/neutered.


With love from Bokes and Germaine...






2 comments:

  1. Good post! I have a new kitten that I need to get spayed but I also feed 3 other neighborhood cats and have taken them all in to be spay/neutered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus, it is wonderful to read about Bokes and Germaine. I can see how lucky they are to be part of your family. Thank you so much for writing with such a great heart about improving the lives of our animal friends.

    ReplyDelete